Follow by Email

Saturday, 12 July 2014

Complicated Charts

Well, tomorrow is the big day - first rehearsal of this nine day's wonder.  Heaven help us all - it's going to be hard work.  I've done more pre-planning for this show than for any other in my life, and I still don't feel ready.  I've got charts coming out of my ears - props lists, costume and make-up charts etc.  And I need them, because there are far too many moving parts for me to keep in my head.  And making lists means I'm slightly less stressed, which at present I am.  Boy am I stressed.  Because, until rehearsals start, everything is an unknown.  Anything could happen, good or bad, and any slight bump on the road looks like it's going to throw the band wagon into a ditch.  So I make lists, as my form of basic suspension.  Enough of this metaphor, let's move on.
For tomorrow it starts to move from my head into action - tomorrow we block the final scene (which is fiendishly complicated) and do a walk through of the play - so that everyone gets the totality of the action in their heads.  And, as the title of the play suggests, it is a complicated show - there is a lot to get your head around.  But I know my marvellous cast will get through it - as the route has been well planned.
Though I may have changed a bed to a sofa today.  Final decision on Wednesday for that one.

And, because I haven't mentioned them enough, here's the fabulous cast in full.  (Though the list doesn't include the surprise special guests!  Who are, naturally, a surprise.)

CHRISTINE                   –                      Helen Arbon
MATTHEW                    –                     Robert Crighton
SAMANTHA                  –                      Rachel Edwards
KENNY                         –                      Michael Harding
KATY                            –                      Annie Eddington
JACQUELINE                –                      Penny Mills
BOBBY                         –                      Professor Kaos
CHLOE                         –                      Jess Miller
JACK                            –                      Paul Vella
MAXINE                        –                      Gemma Leggett

SIMON                          –                      Mark Littlewood

THE CUPBOARD PEOPLE are played by members of the company

Complicated Pleasures: A Modern Sex Comedy by Robert Crighton performs at the Quay Theatre on Monday 21st July at 7.30pm - tickets available online at www.quaytheatre.org.uk (go to the WHAT'S ON section, July and click on the show bar to find the ticket button) or over the phone on 01787 374 745

No comments:

Post a Comment