Monday 21 January 2013

The Obligatory New Year Message 2013

A belated Happy New Year!  I've been quiet for a while, after a short dose of unwellness over Christmas I'm back with a normal dose of busyness.  So, what's new for 2013, what am I going to cook up for you next?  Regular readers of my blog will know that this time of year is full of promises from me that end up as fodder for my Seldom Plan - see earlier blog here.  However, that doesn't mean that it all disappears, that it all is a lie.  I wouldn't lie to you dear reader, it's just the universe moves on.  So, here are a few plans for the year ahead.

The Summoning of Everyman.  This is a beautiful medieval morality play which I'm hoping to tour in churches round the country sometime towards the end of the year.  I'm trying out the staging for two nights at the Lavenham Guildhall on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th March and I'm really excited about it.  It will be simple but hopefully deeply moving, an a little bit different to a normal staging of the play.  It'll be an interactive performance, which means I'll be working directly with the audience to bring them closer to the story.  Full details below - do get in touch if you'd like to be part of the story.


The Shakespeare Delusion.  I'm primarily planning to tour this play next year, though I will look for a few try outs towards the autumn,  Whenever and wherever it will end up, I'll be working on in on and off from now.  A whole years worth of development, which is rather exciting.  Unlike the tryout version in Lavenham last year, I intend this production to have a full sound design, set and projection work to make it into something altogether more exciting.

Writing.  I know, it's an exciting boast, a writer is going to do some writing.  For the next six months or so I will be mostly writing and planning more writing.  Don't ask me what - I've so many ideas that are fighting for inclusion - but I want to have written something new by the summer, either monologue for full play.

Other things... yes, a bit vague, but I do have one other exciting project up my sleeve, but it's super top secret for the moment.

That's all for now - full details of Everyman below - enjoy.



Milk Bottle Productions Presents...
The Summoning of Everyman
Adapted and performed by Robert Crighton

The Summoning of Everyman is a powerful morality tale, written in the late medieval period, telling of the struggles for one man, for everyman, to let go of his life.  This interactive performance brings this struggle directly to the audience, asking them to become part of the story, asking them to stand in the footsteps of Fellowship, Good Deeds and even Death himself.  It’s a question that each generation has to answer: can you really take anything with you after death?  Moving, beautiful and though provoking – ultimately the Summoning comes to Everyone.

Get Involved: we’re looking for a number of audience members to be part of the show – don’t worry this isn’t Pantomime, there are no songs or catchphrases.  Volunteers would be brought on stage and moved by Robert as characters in the story – you get the best seats in the house and a performance that is personally addressed to you.  No acting skills required, just to stand, sit and be yourself, guided by Robert through the story.
If you’re interested then buy your ticket via Ticket Source, then send an email to us at contact@milkbottleproductions.co.uk – or call 07704 704 469 for more information.

Performing Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th March 2013
Show starts 7.30pm, doors open 7pm - Tickets £8, includes refreshment
The Lavenham Guildhall, The Market Square, Lavenham
Box Office: 0844 8700 887 or book online:  www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/31683
(Telephone box office hours 9.00am – 7.00pm Mondays –Fridays
(excluding Bank Holidays) and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Saturdays.)
Box Office Number for bookings only, any general enquiries please call
07704 704 469 or email: contact@milkbottleproductions.co.uk
Website:  www.milkbottleproductions.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment