Thursday 8 December 2011

GhoStoryteller Preview

First thing, just want to get this off my chest.  I can write witty blogs, I can write exciting blogs, I can write controversial blogs - hit rate remains the same for each.  But if I write a blog about a DOG then the hits go through the roof.  Here is a picture of the dog, her name is Tinkerbell.  I am now going to change the name of Milk Bottle Productions to Tinkerbell's Magnificent Ensemble Company of Performing Humans.  Here is a picture of the artistic director of the company. 

The New Artistic Director

Do not feed her after midnight.


Anyway, this post concerns the GhoStoryteller show which starts after Christmas - there are still two and a bit weeks of The Natural History of Trolls, panic ye not - and which I am rehearsing now.  It's a much looser show than Trolls, more relaxed.  It's a few ghost stories tied together with a few thoughts of my own on the nature of ghosts.  It's gone down well in the three tryouts and I've been tweaking the script for the last month.  But now comes the proper rehearsal, which means on top of the four / five hour commute, the three hours at the venue performing, I'm adding another two hours plus of rehearsal a day.  This is fine, at present, as I can learn my lines on the train - in-between reading Great Expectations (which has been rather enjoyable).  I expect by next week this routine will start to pall, but thems the breaks.  Then I get a couple days off for Christmas and straight into the new show.
And it will be a slightly different show each night.  I've got a number of one-off guest performers joining me across the two weeks, and I'll be posting the details of these fine performers on my blog over the next week or so. 
Well, all that remains is to do my preview of the GhoStoryteller show which follows after this announcement from a friend of mine....

***

Hi there! If you need someone professionally trained and experienced to help you with the presentation of a monologue for an audition; if you are having a crisis of confidence; if you feel that you just need an acting check up: help is at hand!
My students usually contact me because they want help preparing for an audition for drama schools, theatre companies or just to improve their general skills and confidence. Many of my previous students have gone on to train at accredited drama schools including RADA, DSL and BSA amongst many others, or attacked their next audition with a new approach and confidence.

My own acting career has evolved through many years of stage, feature film, television, radio and voice work. As a theatre director, I have worked on many professional productions at venues as diverse as the Southbank Centre and small fringe theatres to foreign tours. I also have many years experience directing and working with young people and consequently hold an advanced CRB certificate.

Rates

I charge very competitive rates with some room for negotiation depending on the number of lessons you would like to have and what you are seeking to accomplish.

Base rate for a one-hour session is £25

A two-hour session is discounted to £40

I can provide a tailored quote according to your needs, please get in touch to discuss.

My new studio is an intimate space on the Old Kent Road near to Elephant & Castle and South Bermondsey which is easily accessible from all parts of London by bus, rail and tube connections.

I look forward to working with you!

Simon Nader

t: 07976 399 825
e: sayhello@simonnader.com

***
And now the promised GhoStoryteller Preview:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hope that wasn't too scary for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment