Monday 12 January 2015

We are on the brink of a new era... etc

This is the first blog post I'm doing on the go. Yup, I've entered the 21st Century and got some new portable tech that means I can work in cafés like all the other arty wankers out there. And be spied on by the government and corporations while I'm at it.
As it happens I'm currently using this at home, which is a bit of a waste of time, as I've a perfectly good laptop downstairs, but It's late and I can't be arsed to go downstairs.
I'm currently thinking. Thinking physically, thinking musically, thinking generally. I've been here before, with Everyman, which I start to rehearse in a few weeks. Even though this is the third time I've pulled this show together, I'm still playing with it. Still thinking.
I've a month and a half till the first try outs and then some wiggle room before the tour proper starts (I hope to be announcing dates very soon) and I'll keep playing with it as I go along - but now is the only time to really play about, throw about ideas, dream a little. It's the professional development stage of the year as well - where I read, watch and assimilate ideas.
A bit of professional development...
So, this evening I watched a documentary about a solo dance project, which, though I'm not going to be doing any contemporary dance anytime soon, was a great way to get my brain going. Hence the fact I'm blogging at past 3 in the morning. Oh for the budget, oh for the team, oh for the money. Ideas are so cheap. Making them a reality, that costs.
Well, I've filled my notebook now, I've done my to do list for tomorrow and I've set my alarm. So, I'll say goodnight to all you unsleeping artists out there. Dream well.

No comments:

Post a Comment