Thursday 26 March 2015

Brief Report from Chappel and Wakes Colne

It's a busy day today, getting ready for tonight's performance in Great Waldingfield, so I'll be brief.  I loved performing Everyman last night.  It can be a struggle sometimes.  Sometimes you're not feeling it, sometimes the audience needs to be drawn in, sometimes it doesn't quite click.  For the first time, ever, I felt ready to do the show last night.  Every time I've been Everyman, I've been pulling the show together for one or two performances.  Having now run tryouts and started a tour in earnest, I feel ready - ready to let the play take me where it needs to go.
It helped that the audience at Chappel and Wakes Colne Village Hall were very, very good.  The concentration and eye contact was superb.  Thanks must go to Christine Underwood for being such a good host, and Phil and Rachel Hope for helping with front of house.

Short video and a few comments from the audience - you'll have to wait for more Good and Bad Deeds till the next post.

"Great evening, interesting, makes you think!"
"Very thought provoking..."
"Message all too true! So well put over."
"A most enjoyable show - thanks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment