Sunday 8 March 2015

Home Coming

"Gosh! It was quite wonderful." * 

My first home show of Everyman this year was great fun - considering how serious the play is.  Normally I do comedy for home shows, or classic stories that hug people like a lovely warm blanket, so I was a little worried that a sombre play about death would jar.  Thankfully, it didn't.

"Amazing performance, although I knew it would be.  So thought provoking and moving.  At one point I thought I was going to cry!!"

I had also been warned that the cottage of my host was somewhat small, so there was a little bit of fear before hand that I wouldn't be able to make the show fit.  When I arrived this fear was dispelled, it was tight, but perfectly workable and my delightful host allowed me to move the furniture about and generally make a mess.

"A triumph! Thought provoking, light & dark, everything for a complete performance - superb!!"

The guests arrived in mixed batches of ones and twos and as they arrived I asked them to add their contribution to my list of Good and Bad deeds.  The Bad deeds were particularly good, but I won't publish them till after the next show, to preserve the anonymity of the confessional - for there were only seven guests in the audience and it is conceivable the dataset could be reverse engineered to reveal identity.  I say only seven guests (well, six plus host), but seven was ideal, and every one responded beautifully to the show. 'Confession' even put a comforting hand on my shoulder at one point, which was perfect.

"Fantastic performance, totally captivating from start to finish. Superb! Thank you Robert."

The only thing I forgot to do was remind people to switch off phones, though as it happened it was the house phone that went off.  And then went to answerphone.  The show survived.

"Fascinating and moving - thank you for an amazing performance.  Very thought provoking."

And after the performance, food!  By far my favourite part of doing home shows is afterwards - but I would say that, I've done my work and get to relax.  Then you get to discuss the play with convivial company before discussion diverts into more general areas and much fellowship is had.
I even got to take home some cheese.

*All quotes from audience members.

As you can see above, a home show can be great fun for everyone - and there's still time to book me so long as you're based in the UK - I usually work on a pass the hat round basis for home shows, but this varies depending on distance - just give me a buzz online or call the number below.

The Summoning of Everyman Tours March / April 2015
All shows will be Pay-What-You-Want and tickets can be reserved by phone or online.
Telephone: 07946 652 196
Email: contact@milkbottleproductions.co.uk
For emails or any phone messages please state your name, contact number, number of tickets and, most importantly, which date/venue you're booking for.
I'll be keeping this blog post updated and there's a page on the microsite and shortly on my website.
If your local venue is not represented it's not too late to be added to the tour.  I'll come to churches, village halls, small rooms or even your home for a private performance for friends and family - just contact me and we'll see what can be done.  Have toothbrush, will travel!

Offton & Willisham Village Hall                  -              Tuesday 24th March at 7.30pm
Chappel & Wakes Colne Village Hall         -              Wednesday 25th March at 7.30pm
Great Waldingfield Village Hall                   -              Thursday 26th March at 7.30pm
Boxford Village Hall                                   -              Tuesday 31st March at 7.30pm
Cavendish Memorial Hall                           -              Wednesday 1st April at 7.30pm
Hitcham Village Hall                                   -              Thursday 2nd April at 7.30pm
Maurice Rowson Hall, Gosfield                  -              Friday 3rd April at 7.30pm
Leavenheath Village Hall                            -              Sunday 5th April at 6pm
Hundon Village Hall                                   -              Monday 6th April at 7.30pm
Creeting St Mary Jubilee Hall                     -              Tuesday 7th April at 7.30pm
Assington Village Hall                                -              Thursday 9th April at 7.30pm
Brettenham Village Hall                             -              Tuesday 14th April at 7.30pm
Steeple Bumpstead Village Hall                 -              Wednesday 15th April at 7.30pm
St Mary’s Church, Chilton                         -              Sunday 19th April at 3pm
Boxted & Hartest Institute                         -              Monday 20th April at 7.30pm
Stisted Village Hall                                    -              Wednesday 22nd April at 7.30pm

All details correct at time of press – updates, corrections and directions to shows can be found online – or contact us direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment